Search on blog

24 dic 2011

Echelon Tour Review

December 23rd, 2011

December 7th, 2011- VyRT
By Sharanya Venkataraman

The first time I ever saw Thirty Seconds To Mars live was during their New York Hammerstein Ballroom concert on the 7th of December 2011 over VyRT.
It was the Grand Finale to what was truly a magical and revolutionary album cycle. As it was their last major concert for this tour and the fact that it was the only one I could see, it remains to be the first and only concert I have seen of theirs.
The most special song for me from the This Is War album is “Hurricane”. It was. after all, this song that officially turned me into an Echelon. “Closer To The Edge” on the other hand, is a truly inspirational song for anyone and everyone who dreams. Just like Jared instructed us during the show “to dance like its our perverted uncle’s wedding”, I pounced onto my bed and danced, sang and cried along with the crowd! If I found the lyrics and the video of this song inspiring, it was nothing compared to the inspiration I derived from watching the man I idolize performing it live. The final rendition of “Kings and Queens” left me so overwhelmed and teary that it was two whole days before I could listen to a song by Thirty Seconds To Mars again without breaking down!
The backstage access that all of us “VyRTers” got made the experience all the more magical and generated an intimacy with the band that only seeing them behind the scenes live could have. Jared promised to make that night the best night of our lives, and from what I saw and experienced I can see that Jared Leto NEVER breaks his promises. He turned what had been an ordinary day into the most extraordinary day of my life.
Jared made all of us Echelon promise to never give up on our dreams. I dream of becoming a singer, I dream of being up on stage, I dream of influencing people and changing lives just the way Jared, Shannon and Tomo have changed mine. I promise to try my best and make my dream a reality. Thank you so much Jared, Shannon and Tomo for inspiring me and making me believe that dreams do come true. :)

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento