Search on blog

28 gen 2012

Echelon Tour Review

January 27th, 2011

France – November 2011
By Jéromine Clodic

My friends and I saw MARS  five times this year, including four dates of the French tour in November 2011; we traveled about two weeks all across the country to follow the band, starting in Nantes on Nov 13th and ending our trip after Montpellier on Nov 22nd.  Definitely the most amazing experience of my life so far.I also like to include MARS300 via VyRT on the list as I was finally able to see them live with the amazing people I’ve met on the internet all over the world thanks to the magic of technologies.
Closer To The Edge will always be one of the highlights of the live shows to me. The energy and the bond between the crowd and the band is always at its fullest. It’s also a song that has had a huge impact on my life so it’s always a very special moment for me where I often find myself getting very emotional.
I love the room left to the audience. We have a true part to play in each performance and that is just what makes Thirty Seconds to Mars something so special and that I’ve never seen before.
The greatest thing about seeing Mars live is that feeling, that you’ve never felt so alive before and you always come out of the venue mind blown unable to think straight for you have just experienced one of the best thing you’ll ever experience.
One of my most memorable shows though is the one in Nantes on Nov 13th 2011, partly because it’s my town of birth and it had a very special meaning to me to see them perform there.
So many hilarious and crazy moments I can’t even recall them all; from our two days of camping in front the gates of the venue, the making of the banner that will follow us through all the shows and will end up getting signed by the guys in Montpellier to the very last part of the actual concert where Jared got me and all my friends on stage for Kings and Queens.
The reason that moment is so special is cause it has a quite nice story to it. Jared had clearly picked us at the very beginning but the security snubbed us. After picking a few more people he came back to our spot noticing that we were indeed still in the pit and gave us a pout mimicking our disappointed faces.
Frustrated, we tried nonetheless to enjoy ourselves still firmly brandishing the  huge ‘THANK YOU’ banner we had been holding during the whole show. Jared stopped the song after the bridge like he usually does, so we weren’t expecting anything until he announced he needed a few more people on stage and proceeded to come over where we were standing and pointed at each one of us staying there and repeating “Yes just these four right here” to the security making sure that this time we would make it. We went literally insane when we met with the people already on stage to finish the song along with them and the band.
Not only being there on stage was surreal but the way we got to go felt really special and unusual. I think I couldn’t have dreamed of a better way to be able to join them on Kings and Queens. It will stay one of my favorite and funniest memories of all time.


Nessun commento:

Posta un commento