Search on blog

4 feb 2012

Echelon Tour Review

February 3rd, 2012

Antwerp – November 30, 2011
By Myrthe


It was the second time I saw MARS performing live, but to me definitely the most memorable one. And because this would be one of the last shows of the TIW tour, for me there was no doubt about traveling to Antwerp to see my three heroes perform. From the moment I arrived at the Arena, to the very last note of Kings & Queens this adventure has truly been a dream come true.

Together with my best friend I arrived at the Lotto Arena, where we had to wait for about 3 hours before the doors would open. A long wait, you’d say, but thanks to the wonderful and friendly Echelon, warmth-blankets and drinks those three hours just flew away. Then, the moment on which the doors would open. Clear minds, fast feet and holding hands my friend and I ran towards the stage, which made it possible for us to stand really, really close to what would soon become our temporary world.

After two supporting programs (Vermont Joy Parade blew me away) the time was there for the show to begin. My heart was bouncing in my chest, my hands were shaking. I couldn’t believe that I was about to be part of what would become the most amazing night of my life. When we finally heard Shannon’s slamming drums, Tomo’s guitar and Jared’s heartwarming voice filling the arena with A Beautiful Lie, the crowd went totally out of their minds. And so did we.
That night I jumped so high my fingers touched the sky. I felt a warmth being spread by what Jared told us: ‘Many people don’t understand 30 Seconds to Mars, but you do, and I understand you’ which made me feel connected to the band, and to the other 7.000 people in the arena. And that’s something only MARS can do.

To me, the best thing about seeing MARS live is the connection and the mutual love you feel between Jared, Shannon and Tomo and the audience. They love us because we believe in their dream, we make their dream come true. And we love them in return for being such an inspiration, for showing us that nothing is impossible, for believing in us. In their Echelon, their family.

The most memorable moment for me was when Jared dedicated A Modern Myth to the victims of the tragedy at Pukkelpop, earlier that year. Everyone was holding their cellphones in the air and was singing along. It was the most harmonious sound I heard that night. Very touching, and heartwarming. But A Modern Myth wasn’t the only song to impress me. Search & Destroy, The Kill and Kings & Queens were just as impressive. Search & Destroy mainly because the voices of the Echelon are heard, and Shannon just kills the drumming part. The Kill because Jared sang it acoustically, his beautiful clear voice filling my body with warmth and pure happiness. And Kings & Queens, well that’s something I think all you Echelon understand. It’s a song which suits 30STM and the Echelon perfectly. It represents the connection between them, an unbreakable bond.
After the show had ended, I realized it had meant so much more to me than I could have ever expected. It was the night of a lifetime, a memory that is now an inseparable part of me. And I want to thank Jared, Shannon and Tomo for giving me that. For being the inspiration that they are, for teaching me to follow my dreams, and for believing in me when I didn’t. Forever. Thank you.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento