Search on blog

23 apr 2013

Alex McLeod’s Digital Landscapes
April 23rd, 2013


If you’re unfamiliar with artist Alex McLeod’s work, he creates candy-colored landscapes that look real but are purely digital creations brought to life with After Effects and other digital tools. The works are intricately-realised fantastical imaginings and McLeod has a new collection of these virtual wonderlands in an upcoming exhibition, called Outworld at the Angell Gallery in Toronto on April 27 to June 1.
They exhibition includes 3D printed sculptures, like a black pine sculpture consisting of 40 pieces, and digital prints. “I wanted to depart a bit from the work I was known for, but for it to still look familiar.” McLeod tells me. “I thought I could achieve this if I produced most of the work monochromatic, and included a couple rainbow pieces, rather than working within seasonal palettes.”


Nessun commento:

Posta un commento