Search on blog

3 apr 2013

Thirty Seconds to Mars frontman Jared Leto has a new single, album and tour in the works
  • April 03, 2013


Thirty Seconds To Mars have announced they will tour Australia.

SEX sells - and so does Jared Leto.
The Thirty Seconds to Mars frontman sings, "I'll wrap my hands around your neck so tight with love'', on new song Up In The Air.
"To me, it's a line that has obvious sexual connotations but .. it's kind of like that, what they say, 'everything is about sex except for sex. Sex is about power', right?,'' Leto said in Melbourne.
"Ultimately that line is overtly sexual but really, about power.
"It never really struck me so much as a line that would connect with people in the way that it has.''
Leto sent a disc of Up In The Air into space on board a Falcon 9 rocket from Cape Canaveral, Florida, last month.
"When I first came up with the idea, 'okay, that's impossible, never going to happen,''' Leto said.
"At another time I wouldn't have even bothered to ask. But guess what? I asked. I asked NASA. They went up in space.''
Leto looked fresh-faced wearing a Burberry coat to our interview and was a far cry from the emaciated frame he sported for his role as a HIV positive transvestite in Dallas Buyers Club, opposite Matthew McConaughey.
The Hollywood heart-throb put his healthy appearance down to "sleeping''.
Leto directed a short film for Up In The Air, to be released in the next few weeks, starring Dita Von Teese, following his controversial Hurricane video from 2010, which had to be censored.
"I don't know if this will get censored. It did have some nudity in it but I don't know if that's going to make the cut. But it'll certainly provoke.''
Love Lust Faith + Dreams is out on May 17 (Universal). Thirty Seconds to Mars will tour nationally later this year.


Nessun commento:

Posta un commento