Search on blog

21 gen 2012

Echelon Tour Review

January 20th, 2012

Aberdeen, Scotland – December 3, 2010
By Sarah Newnham

I was at the Aberdeen, Scotland show on the 3rd of December 2010. It was my first Mars show and has been the only time I’ve seen them live. I’m from Aberdeen so didn’t have to travel that far for the show but as it had been snowing quite badly where I live I didn’t drive the direct route to the venue (which would take about 25 minutes) but walked about a mile to catch a bus which then took me a longer route to the venue (taking about 2 hours in total). I just wanted to get there so bad as it was due to the Echelon’s generosity that I had a ticket. I should explain that. When I heard that Mars were coming to Aberdeen I was over the moon and was so excited to get a ticket. However, I then found out it was only a standing show. I have a back problem which meant that I would have to have a seated ticket to avoid being bashed in the pit. I thought I wasn’t going to be able to go and was heartbroken. The Echelon saw how upset I was and secretly grouped together to buy me a Golden Ticket which meant I could watch the show from the side of stage and also get to meet the boys. I am still amazed by their generosity and I want to thank each and every one of them who donated money as it was the best night of my life.
Regarding the show itself, my favourite song to hear live was Closer to the Edge. This is because it’s my favourite Mars song and I wanted to fist pump and jump around with my Echelon brothers and sisters and Jared too. I also really liked hearing Alibi acoustic as it’s a song close to my heart. Of course, I enjoyed hearing Kings and Queens live as I feel it is the song that brings us all together and connects us. Just to see Mars live in general was amazing and I loved every minute of it!
My favourite aspect of Jared, Shannon and Tomo’s live performance is their energy. They always give it their all so that we have a good time. Jared’s always running around the stage and jumping into the crowd. He always seems to care about our safety as I remember he asked the security if someone in the pit was alright. Not many frontmen would do this, they tend to go on stage and get the job done. But Jared always wants to make sure we have the best experience possible. Tomo’s always jumping around the stage too. I have no idea how he managed to play the whole set and was still jumping at the end of Kings and Queens. And of course Shannon, the heartbeat of the band, beats those drums like crazy the entire set. His energy gave me energy to jump and touch the sky the entire show.
The most memorable moment of the show for me was just being there, witnessing the amazing Mars play live and getting to meet the boys. I have never felt so connected to a band as I did that night. I sang along to every song and jumped the entire night. If it wasn’t for Mars I wouldn’t have found the Echelon and therefore wouldn’t have had the best experience of my life so far. For that I am eternally grateful to both the men of Mars and the Echelon.
I love you Jared, Tomo and Shannon, and I love you Echelon
Thank you for being you
Sarah Newnham (21, Aberdeen, member of the Scottish Echelon) x

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento